Learn to teach safely, effectively and with confidence. The asana portion of our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program includes:
- Detailed study of all yoga postures including modifications of poses and appropriate use of props
- Physical and energetic benefits of postures
- Hands on adjustments and enhancements
- Learning to see and understand bodies in terms of proper alignment
- Creating a class: learn the principles of sequencing and how to create a theme for your class
- Verbalizing an asana: learn to give clear, simple instructions through choice of appropriate verbal cues and body language demonstrating asana: key points for teaching beginners
- Teaching to special groups such as prenatal yoga, seniors, kids, etc.
- Student teacher relationship
- Ethics of a yoga teacher
Multiple opportunities to practice teaching will be given. At Semperviva we create a supportive, nurturing community of teachers to help you apply what you have learned right away. You will receive immediate feedback from your teachers to help you refine your teaching skills and feel at ease in front of a class. We are here to support you every step of the way.