Yoga For Life: Safe Yoga for Lower Back, Hips, Knees, Neck & Shoulders
When there is injury and/or dysfunction in the body, we can feel bound by limitations. This can impact both our physical and emotional health. Learn how an intelligent, safe yoga practice can create more freedom and balance in both the body and mind.
This training will address the most common areas of injury: Lower Back, Hips, Knees, Neck & Shoulders. We will also address the impact our modern lifestyle has on the body and learn accessible tools to combat stress and anxiety. Learn to care for your own body and how to support others who may be working with limitations.
This course is suitable for students looking to deepen their yoga practice as well as body workers, health professionals, and yoga teachers. This training is eligible for 20 hours towards the AYTT (500 hour) program as well as Continuing Education Units with Yoga Alliance.
TRAINING WILL INCLUDE:
- Daily physical practice dedicated to a targeted area of the body
- Basic anatomy of common areas of injury or dysfunction (Lower Back, Hips, Knees, Neck & Shoulders)
- Application of meditation, pranayama and yoga philosophy
- Sequencing: Intelligent, safe options for home practice and/or teaching others
- Practical application of poses
- Manual and workbook with course material
- Resources for further study