The Yin Yoga Teacher Training Program offered at the Semperviva Yoga College is a unique way to deepen your overall yoga practice and touch tissues rarely worked in a more active yang style of yoga.
This Yin Yoga teacher training workshop, led by Master Teacher Bernie Clark, is designed for students who have been practicing Yoga for at least one year and want to deepen their understanding of the practice. Prior experience in Yin Yoga is not required. You do not have to desire to become a Yoga teacher, but you are expected to have a passion for Yoga. Expect to learn much more than just Yin Yoga!
The Yin Yoga Teacher Training Program will provide:
- Knowledge of the Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga
- Understanding of the practical benefits of Yin Yoga: physically, energetically and mentally
- Exploring the similarities between Eastern models of the mind/body/energy and Western Scientific models
- Learning the difference between Yin and Yang styles of Yoga
- Your Body – Your Yoga!
- Understanding Physiology & Anatomy – from the bones outward including the Limits to Movement and the importance of skeletal variation
- Knowing what stops you and the difference between Tension and Compression
- Understanding Energy including Prana, Qi (chi) & the Meridians and Western energy medicine
- Exploring mindfulness practices East and West within your yoga practice
- Working through the most common Yin Yoga asanas
- A taste of some modern healing modalities developing in the West
- Practice in teaching Yin Yoga classes
- A Yin Yoga workbook
- A certificate of completion
The required text for this course is The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
For 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified teachers the credits of the course can be applied towards the 500 hour certification, and is eligible for 50 hours CEU with Yoga Alliance (4 of these hours are self-study). Continuing Education Units are required to maintain your status as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
Upon completion of this course and full payment, students will receive a Certificate of Completion documenting participation and attendance. In order to be a certified yoga teacher, students must also have completed a 200 hour Yoga Alliance Yoga Teacher Training.