Nourish and Flow: February 28, 2019 7:30 to 9:30pm
Drop into the meditation of the body and find spaces between effort and surrender, allowing the body to release into its great integrative power. We’ll begin with slow, fluid movements and then we’ll place our bodies in postures designed to re-set the nervous system and relax the places that hold tension and old hurts. This practice is about setting it down to set ourselves free.
5 Elements Immersion: February 29 & March 1, 2019 1:00pm to 5:00pm
This immersion into the 5 Elements offers a profound journey through the material and subtle forces that make up our planet, our bodies, and our practice of living yoga. Through the lens of Ayurveda and the Eight Limbs we will explore the foundation of balancing our internal and external selves.
Our bodies are a manifestation of these 5 elements in both a very real physical sense and in a deep energetic sense. We are 70% water, the air we breathe connects us intimately to all other life, and our bones are made from minerals we digest (fire) from food, drawn in turn from the earth beneath us.
Through our practices of yoga—asana, pranayama, chanting and meditation— we learn how to balance these energies, to live with a sense of wholeness, health, and vitality.
- Earth | Prithvi: Earth element is our solid nature within and without. This element offers stability, foundation, and nutrients for all life to thrive.
- Water | Apas: Water is our cohesion and connectivity both in our own system and as a whole on this planet. We ourselves are a dynamic form of water.
- Fire | Agni: Fire is our heat, radiance, and will/desires. This offers us our transforming force through the yoga, through burning off the old to become renewed again and again.
- Air | Vayu: Air element is our ability to move, breathe, and change. It is what supports all living things and is witnessed in every single inhale and exhale.
- Ether | Akasha: Ether is the context which hold all other elements. It is subtle, unending and boundless space.
In this training, we’ll study how to balance and harness the energies of these fundamental building blocks of all life. Through the lens of yoga of the body, mind, soul we’ll honor our intimate connection to all living things and work to stabilize our own inner systems so that we may share this to our loved ones, communities and beyond.
For 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified teachers the credits of the course can be applied towards the 500 hour certification, and is eligible for 10 hours CEU with Yoga Alliance. Continuing Education Units are required to maintain your status as a Registered Yoga Teacher.