The Yoga of Sound: An Introduction to Mantra, Sanskrit & Chanting
From OM to Shanti and beyond, mantra is a profoundly powerful tool in a yoga practice.
Join Sarah for an afternoon of energy, vibration and intention using the yoga of sound!
This workshop will provide an introduction & exploration of mantra and expand your understanding of the spiritual culture of yoga.
We will introduce:
- the basics of Sanskrit, including pronunciation and history
- the “what”, “why” and “how” of chanting
- the origins and meaning behind some of the mantras you hear most often and an experience of chanting them
- mantra as a meditation tool, including personal practice
- deep inner listening and energetic connection
Participation is voluntary – come to chant or come to listen!
No experience with mantra is necessary + chant sheets will be provided.