Physically assisting is a creative, supportive partnership between teacher and student. When applied safely, assisting can create advancement and improvement in the experience of asana and is an incredible tool for teachers to use to serve their students. Assists can create deeper internal awareness, facilitate optimal alignment and provide an enhanced understanding of the physical body. This 3 day interactive workshop will give you the springboard for teaching through touch.
We will explore:
- Creating an empowering, confident approach to physically interacting with students
- Establishing safe, effective & appropriate touch
- Principles of Teaching through Touch: Intention, Connection, Exploration, Direction
- Different types of assisting – when, why & how to use them
- Practicalities of assisting in private classes, public classes & for different experience levels
- Learn key physical assists for all major asana groups: Sun Salutations, Standing, Forward Folding, Backbending, Twisting, Inversions & Savasana
- Direct experience of physical assists, both giving & receiving
The immersion is open to teachers and experienced students looking to enhance their practice, and it is focused on working with bodies that are injury-free.
Giving and receiving physical assists are essential components of this immersion. Full participation in both is required.
This program is a module of the Semperviva Yoga AYTT program that leads to 500-hour certification.
For 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified teachers the course is eligible for 15 hours CEU with Yoga Alliance. Continuing Education Units are required to maintain your status as a Registered Yoga Teacher.