Physically assisting is a creative, supportive partnership between teacher and student. When applied safely, assisting can create advancement and improvement in the experience of asana and is an incredible tool for teachers to use to serve their students. Assists can create deeper internal awareness, facilitate optimal alignment and provide an enhanced understanding of the physical body.
Building on Teaching through Touch 1, this immersion will expand your skill set and confidence, incorporate new postures and classroom technique, and include practical question time to get direct support on your experience as a teacher using assists!
We will explore:
- Assisting inversion postures
- Assisting arm balances, deeper variations in postures, and other advanced asanas.
- Practicing assisting students while still teaching at the same time
- Refining cueing to accompany your assists
- Question time for your personal assisting technique
Pre-Requisite: Students must have completed Teaching through Touch 1 in order to take this immersion or have significant previous experience with physical assists.
The immersion is open to teachers and is focused on working with bodies that are injury-free.
Giving and receiving physical assists are essential components of this immersion. Full participation in both is required.