Restorative Yoga Level 1 – The Foundation with Tianne Allan is both for Yoga Teachers with their 200 hour certification working towards their AYTT (500 hour certificate), and for anyone wanting to incorporate restorative practices into their work or personal lives. This course is suitable for yoga teachers, body workers, physical therapists, and nurses.
Training will include:
- The history and yoga lineage of restorative yoga
- The autonomic nervous system; sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system
- Theory and application of the Relaxation Response
- Neurological, psychological, physical, energetic effects of restorative yoga
- Classic restorative yoga poses
- How to skillfully use props for optimal support and rest
- Restorative pranayama, meditation visualization techniques
- Restorative assists; the art of therapeutic touch
- The language of restorative yoga; choice of language to deepen the restorative experience
- Develop specific skills of observation to understand and assist misalignments that inhibit deep relaxation
- Optimizing the environment; classroom and studio set-up to support the restorative experience
- Understand how to support special conditions including pregnancy and injury
- Sequencing the restorative yoga practice
- Integrating restorative yoga into hatha, power and yin style yoga classes
- Practical experience working one-on-one with clients
- Practical experience sequencing and teaching a restorative class
This program is a module of the AYTT program that leads to 500 hour certification.
Restorative Yoga Foundation – Module 1 is a pre-requisite for the course Restorative Yoga Immersion – Module 2 with Tianne Allan.
For 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified teachers the credits of the course can be applied towards the 500 hour certification, and is eligible for 40 hours CEU with Yoga Alliance. Continuing Education Units are required to maintain your status as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
Upon completion of this course and full payment, students will receive a Certificate of Completion documenting participation and attendance. In order to be a certified yoga teacher, students must also have completed a 200 hour Yoga Alliance Yoga Teacher Training.
“I have had the joy of having Tianne assist me in teaching Restorative yoga. She is knowledgeable, kind and focused on the students’ welfare. I recommend her highly as a teacher of Restorative yoga”, Judith Hanson Lasater, Ph.d., PT, Relax and Renew.