Immerse yourself in the study of yoga for the childbearing year!
This wildly inspiring and comprehensive 85 Hour Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Program, led by Teresa Campbell will include how to teach prenatal yoga to women in all stages of pregnancy, in a fiercely empowering way. Yoga is explored as a powerful tool for conscious and holistic pregnancy, childbirth, and motherhood. A transforming and life changing training that will inform, inspire and illuminate your personal and professional life. 75% of this training is experiential and requires your full participation and commitment to personal work in order to fully understand the content.
Who is this course designed for?
Yoga teachers of all traditions, midwives, doulas, nurses, doctors, childbirth educators, and all women wanting to deepen their knowledge of yoga in pregnancy and of themselves.
This in depth program will give you a rich understanding of Yoga during the childbearing year and beyond and also help deepen self-knowledge and foster fierce personal growth. Educating and empowering women about conscious pregnancy, birth and motherhood creates conscious mothers, conscious babies and a more conscious world.
Elevating and educating women during this time of profound transformation is the most awesome and rewarding experience.
In Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training training we will cover:
- The benefits of yoga in pregnancy and beyond
- Yogic Psychology and Philosophy translated from the divine feminine
- Koshas: the holistic approach to understanding and supporting this precious population
- Asana: the most appropriate postures to support a healthy pregnancy, modifications of asana, contraindicated postures, and posture sequencing
- Teaching Methodology: appropriate use of language, voice, and gentle touch
- Pranayama: breathing techniques most suited to a healthy pregnancy and delivery
- The effects of pregnancy on the body
- The physiology of childbirth
- Prenatal Anatomy taught by a pelvic floor physiotherapist
- Restorative yoga to promote greater relaxation and reduce stress
- Mudra, Meditation, Mantra and affirmations specific to empowering mamas and babies for pregnancy, labor and life
- Understanding a “conscious approach” to conception, pregnancy, labor and delivery, and motherhood
- Discomforts of pregnancy and how to address them with yoga
- Chakras and specific relevance to pregnant goddesses and babies
- Goddesses of female cycles, birth, death, ferocity and forgiveness
- Emotional and esoteric anatomy
- Consciousness of babies
Semperviva will bring in a team of experts in the field of birthing and childcare including: midwifery, doulas and obstetrics.
For 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified teachers the credits of the course can be applied towards the 500 hour certification, and is eligible for 85 hours CEU with Yoga Alliance. Continuing Education Units are required to maintain your status as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
Upon completion of this course and full payment, students will receive a Certificate of Completion documenting participation and attendance. In order to be a certified yoga teacher and a RPYT (registered prenatal yoga teacher), students must also have completed a 200 hour Yoga Alliance Yoga Teacher Training.