This training provides an in-depth understanding of the latest pain science and pain care techniques. This comprehensive, in-depth program covers therapeutic pain self-care techniques including gentle yoga, restorative yoga, breath and meditation practices and yoga philosophy. Participants gain a solid foundation in pain science, the biopsychosocial model of pain and in yoga related to pain care. This training well prepares teachers and practitioners to integrate PainCare Yoga techniques into their teaching and personal practice.
- Understand basic pain neurophysiology as well as key neuroplasticity changes related to pain
- Learn how to guide students in the key techniques for safe movement when experiencing pain
- Learn how to teach therapeutic breathing and meditation techniques specifically for pain care
- Learn how to teach therapeutic yoga poses including both gentle hatha and restorative yoga
- Understand the vital difference and importance between gentle hatha and restorative yoga
- Understand the lived experience of pain and how to support students experiencing pain
This training is suitable for yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and health care professionals.
23 Hours total: 21 contact hrs, 2 non-contact hrs (reading, homework, reflection etc.)
For 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified teachers the credits of the course can be applied towards the 500 hour certification, and is eligible for 23 CEU with Yoga Alliance. Continuing Education Units are required to maintain your status as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
“I have had the joy of having Tianne assist me in teaching Restorative yoga. She is knowledgeable, kind and focused on the students’ welfare. I recommend her highly as a teacher of Restorative yoga”,
-Judith Hanson Lasater, Ph.d., PT, Relax and Renew.