For educators, parents, health professionals, yoga teachers, and anyone who would like to share the joy of yoga with young people.
Discover the art and science of teaching yoga to young people. In this 95-hour training, I will share the most up-to-date educational and developmental research and theory, and how it relates to the ancient practice of yoga. In this experiential training, you will explore developmentally-appropriate yoga practices that can be used to foster physical, cognitive, social-emotional, and spiritual well-being for preschoolers to adolescents. Get to know your own inner teacher, and learn strategies for helping young people uncover their own.
Learn practices and skills to support your own well-being so that you can thrive as a teacher and avoid burnout. Discover effective instructional techniques, and how challenges can be turned into opportunities for learning and growth. We’ll cover tips and techniques for creating a positive class environment and keeping students inspired and engaged. Help young people develop life-enhancing skills by introducing practices and wisdom to nurture patience, compassion and bliss.
Throughout this course, we will explore how physical poses, breathing exercises, mindfulness and meditation practices, relaxation techniques, and traditional yogic and Ayurvedic wisdom can be adapted for different developmental periods, identifying which practices may be most beneficial and which to avoid. Discover how the body changes over time, and how yoga can provide support as the body changes. Learn yoga-influenced songs, stories, games, and artwork to inspire young people.
Gain hands-on experience teaching yoga to kids and receive expert feedback from skilled Registered Children Yoga Teachers. Several guest teachers will share their experience and wisdom. You will leave with a manual filled with age-appropriate teaching techniques and yoga activities for young people ages 3-18, as well as a full curriculum of lesson plans that you have created for your own personal teaching context. The training includes a Community Yoga class for people ages 5 and up in which participants will have the opportunity to teach if they choose.
Get ready for a magical and transformative week! This training will help you uncover the creative and playful child that lies within you. Connecting with this aspect of yourself can be a joyous and healing journey. It will provide you with unending inspiration, and keep you young in body, mind, and spirit.
- Tips for connecting authentically with kids, keeping them engaged, and positively addressing challenges that arise.
- Essential elements of Kids’ Yoga: Safe and simple practices appropriate for people of all-ages, including: creative movement and simple asana, basic breathing and relaxation practices, and pre-mindfulness practices (sensory-based practices to prepare kids for mindfulness and meditation practices)
- Yoga-inspired stories, games, songs, and dance
- Simple sequences
- Developmental changes for children ages 3 – 18: physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and energetic
- Anatomy exploration: How to awaken self-awareness and teach kids about their bodies
- Building your own sequences and safe sequencing practices for different ages
- Partner yoga
- Yoga for special populations
- Yoga in different contexts: yoga in schools, studios, after-school programs, yoga camps, and yoga parties
- Family and Community Yoga: Teaching mixed-age classes
- The energy body (koshas, chakras, nadis, and pranayama)
- Daily practice teaching geared towards the age group of your choice
- The business and logistics of teaching yoga to kids
- Self-care practices so you can be your best you!
A Note Regarding Accreditation:
Upon completion of all course requirements and full payment, students will receive a Certificate of Completion documenting participation and attendance. 100% attendance is required to receive the 95-hour certificate. Hours can be applied towards the 500 hour certification, as well as Continuing Education Units with Yoga Alliance. Please note: In order to become a certified Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT), students must have completed Kids Yoga Teacher Training, and a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training recognized by the Yoga Alliance.