Take your practice deeper and set yourself up for success offering vinyasa classes!
This immersion will support your personal development and offer a comprehensive foundation in teaching techniques.
Each morning, engage in a wholistic experience of asana, pranayama, chanting, and meditation. You will elevate and inspire your personal practice.
Each afternoon, explore asana labs, teaching methodology, and philosophical study. You will empower and expand your teaching.
During our week together, expect to:
- Experience intermediate-advanced asana, with a particular focus on inversions, arm balances and backbends (including personal understanding and how to teach them)
- Engage in spiritual elements of the practice, including mantra
- Explore and unpack elements from the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali as a framework for philosophical study
- Introduce working with basic pranayama and bandhas
- Establish a strong foundation in the fundamentals of vinyasa, including:
- pacing/rhythm and transitions
- evocative and effective cueing
- vinyasa sequencing, including progressive support for different students
- supporting classes with creative, impactful themes
- Prepare for and practice teach elements of vinyasa classes
The practice of vinyasa builds purpose, presence and power on and off the mat. It is a deeply experiential conversation with your self, utilizing a dynamic synthesis of conscious movement, devotion, and personal inquiry to challenge us to invest wholeheartedly in yoga as a life path.
Weaving together the threads of tapas (dedicated commitment), svadhyaya (self-study) and ishvara-pranidhanani (devoted intention), beside the practicalities of curating impactful vinyasa experiences, this program is designed to cultivate a transformational relationship between you and your practice.
To get the most out of the intensive, students should have a minimum of 1-2 years steady vinyasa practice. Students looking to teach must have a 200 Hour certificate. This training is experiential – full participation in classes, group work and practice teaching is required. If you have questions about whether this program is the right fit for you, please contact email@example.com
Students may use this program towards Semperviva Yoga’s 300 Hour program or Yoga Alliance Continuing Education credits.