For yoga teachers who are hungry to expand their skill set with knowledge and tools specifically for supporting and empowering mamas and babes.
Come explore the emotional, physical, and spiritual journey for healthy, conscious, and joyous beginnings to motherhood. Gain the tools for providing a nurturing, inspiring and safe mom and baby yoga practice.
You will grow exponentially as a teacher as you learn the art of intuitively reading, adapting and honouring your students from a place of knowledge and reverence. Community support and nurturing during the fourth trimester is vital to the health of our society as a whole and our healing globally.
This training will provide you with:
- Teacher’s skill set to safely and confidently guide this specific population
- knowledge of postpartum traditions cross culturally compared to North America and the impact on society
- an in depth study of the yogic model of the koshas relative to this population
- specific meditations, mudra, mantra, asana, pranayama and tantric ritual to empower and nurture
- Methods of intuitively reading and dynamically supporting your class in all scenarios
- an exploration of the chakras: physical, psychological, spiritual healing of each, as well as Chakra activation, awareness of deficiencies/excess and tools to move energy
- restorative yoga poses and yoga nidra practices
- Language of invitation and inquiry and why we use it
- Practicum time to integrate fully and practice sequencing, languaging and organically adapting to the wide range of scenarios in this class
- A study of Hindu goddesses of birth, transformation, compassion and revolution and meditations to invoke their energies
and a deep understanding of:
- Post natal anatomy, including pelvic floor and postural cueing, contraindications, partner and group exercises for integrations and applying this knowledge to yoga asana and teacher awareness -*this component is taught by pelvic floor physio Anniken Chadwick
- Consciousness of babies as it relates to how you teach and guide the class, how to honour and listen deeper to babies needs
- Baby massage skill set to use in classes taught by an RMT
- Birth imprinting on mamas and babies
- the history of tribe, sisterhood, ritual and community
This training is highly experiential. Come ready to sing, chant, dance, connect and blast your heart open.