Designed to fit your busy schedule
Our part-time 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program in Vancouver is the best choice if you have commitments to work, family, schooling and other activities during your course of study. This program allows you study at your own pace with our top yoga teacher training faculty.
What’s more, you will have the unique and exciting opportunity to participate in workshops from visiting Master Yoga Teachers during the course of your study in Vancouver at no additional cost to you. Guest teachers have included Rod Stryker, Seane Corn, Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa, Shiva Rae, Janet Stone, Dharma Mittra, Max Strom, Mark Whitwell, Sarah Powers, Rolf Gates and Michael Stone.
Yoga has become an important part of life for millions of people around the world creating a rapidly growing demand for yoga teachers world-wide. Semperviva International College of Yoga is well respected as a leading yoga teacher training college throughout the world. Students who complete the Semperviva 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program can feel confident when applying for jobs wherever they are in the world. You will have the correct certifications, the ability to teach students safely and effectively, and will have gained tremendous insight into the world of yoga.
- Learn to teach safely, effectively and with confidence. The asana portion of our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program includes:
- Detailed study of key yoga postures including modifications of poses and appropriate use of props
- Correct physical alignment
- Physical and energetic benefits of postures
- Techniques for hands on assists and enhancements
- Learning to see and understand bodies in terms of proper alignment
- Creating a class: learn the principles of sequencing and how to create a theme for your class
- Verbalizing an asana: learn to give clear, simple instructions through choice of appropriate verbal cues and body language
- Demonstrating asana
- Key points for teaching beginners
- Teaching to special groups such as Prenatal Yoga
- Student teacher relationship
- Ethics of a yoga teacher
- Use of props and other modifications to support the postures
Multiple opportunities to practice teach will be given. At Semperviva we create a supportive, nurturing community of teachers to help you apply what you have learned right away. You will receive immediate feedback from the faculty to help you refine your teaching skills and feel at ease in front of a class. We are here to support you every step of the way.
Learn a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind.
Daily meditation and journaling is a requirement of this 200 hour yoga course. Meditation teaches us to stop identifying with the body, the mind, and its ceaseless thoughts. When this happens, then there is yoga, which is identification with the true Self, Samadhi, happiness, bliss.
Prana is the life force or vital energy. Pranayama is a way of building and directing this vital energy.
- Learn to teach powerful breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi, kapalabhati, nadi sodhana and kumbhaka
- Understand the bandhas or energy locks that direct prana (vital life force)
- Western anatomy and physiology will be studied, including the circulatory system, lymphatic system, respiratory system, digestive system, endocrine system, nervous system, musculo-skeletal system, the spine, immune system, and genito-urinary system
- Understand the physical effects of yoga on the body
- Learn how to avoid injury in key areas, and how to work with basic injuries
- Learn the energetic effects of yoga on the body
- Kundalini energy and its infinite potential
- The Chakra system
Yogic History and Philosophy
- Study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how these teachings provide a very real model that can be applied to daily life
- Yoga’s origins and journey to the West and the most influential yogis of our time
- Introduction to key yogic mantras and mythology
- Faculty-led workshops on different philosophical or physical subjects (varies from course to course)
Yoga is deeply experiential; throughout training, you will be guided through Hatha Yoga classes with faculty members, as well as attend public Hatha and Vinyasa yoga classes each week to gain insight into classroom management techniques, interaction with students, sequencing, and refining your own physical practice.
How do I register?
To register simply pay online via our easy payment system. Click Here
Semperviva is an HRSDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.
Tuition for Semperviva’s 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program is $3,550.00. Tuition fees include unlimited classes at Semperviva Yoga for the duration of your course, a comprehensive 300 page manual, an anatomy textbook, and archiving of your individual contract and certificate with Datawitness as required by PCTIA. Course fees must be paid in full by the commencement date of the program.
Payment Plan Options
Our intention is to find a plan that works for everyone. Please contact us directly at email@example.com to discuss how to best set up your individual payment plan option.