Immerse yourself in pure Yoga.
Our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program is designed to make yoga accessible to people of all ages, abilities, and fitness levels. We work on all levels of the body, mind and spirit, not only improving strength and flexibility but rejuvenating the whole being.
Whether you plan to teach yoga, develop your own personal practice or would like to enhance your career by offering yoga, our teacher training program will give you a firm foundation to teach safely, skillfully and with integrity.
Learn to teach your passion for yoga in Vancouver, which is designed with your busy schedules in mind enabling you to maintain commitments to work, family, schooling and other activities during your course of study.
All styles of yoga will be explored during your training, including Hatha, Power, Kundalini, Yin, Asthanga, Prenatal, and kids yoga. Tuition fees include unlimited classes at Semperviva Yoga for the duration of your course, a comprehensive 300 page manual, the Yoga Sutras, and an anatomy textbook.
Most exciting is your ability to participate in workshops from visiting yogis during the course of your study in Vancouver at no additional cost to you. Guest teachers have included Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa, Dharma Mittra, Max Strom, Mark Whitwell, Sarah Powers, and Rolf Gates. Yoga has become an important part of life for millions of people around the world creating a rapidly growing demand for yoga teachers world-wide. Students who complete the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program in Vancouver will feel confident in their ability to teach students safely and effectively, and will have gained tremendous insight into the world of yoga.
Learn to teach safely, effectively and with confidence. The asana portion of our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program includes:
- Detailed study of all yoga postures including modifications of poses and appropriate use of props
- Correct physical alignment
- Physical and energetic benefits of postures
- Hands on adjustments and enhancements
- Learning to see and understand bodies in terms of proper alignment
- Creating a class: learn the principles of sequencing and how to create a theme for your class
- Verbalizing an asana: learn to give clear, simple instructions through choice of appropriate verbal cues and body language
- Demonstrating asana
- Key points for teaching beginners
- Teaching to special groups such as prenatal yoga, seniors, kids…
- Student teacher relationship
- Ethics of a yoga teacher
Multiple opportunities to practice teaching will be given. At Semperviva we create a supportive, nurturing community of teachers to help you apply what you have learned right away. You will receive immediate feedback from your teachers to help you refine your teaching skills and feel at ease in front of a class. We are here to support you every step of the way.
Learn to teach a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind.
Daily meditation and journaling is a requirement of this 200 hour yoga course. Meditation teaches us to stop identifying with the body, the mind, and its ceaseless thoughts. When this happens, then there is yoga, which is identification with the true Self, Samadhi, happiness, bliss.
Prana is the life force or vital energy. Pranayama is a way of building and directing this vital energy.
- Learn to teach powerful breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi, kapalabhati, nadi sodhana and kumbhaka
- Understand the bandhas or energy locks that direct prana (vital life force)
- Western anatomy and physiology will be studied, including the circulatory system, lymphatic system, respiratory system, digestive system, endocrine system, nervous system, musculo-skeletal system, the spine, immune system, and genito-urinary system
- Understand the physical effects of yoga on the body
- Learn how to avoid injury in key areas, and how to work with basic injuries
- Learn the energetic effects of yoga on the body
- Prana, what it is and techniques that direct prana
- Kundalini energy and it’s infinite potential
- The chakra system
- The vayus
Yogic History and Philosophy
- Study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how these teachings provide a very real model that can be applied to daily life
- Yoga’s journey to the West and the most influential yogis of our time
How do I register?
To register simply pay online via our easy payment system. Click Here
Semperviva is an HRSDC Certified Educational Institution and can provide tax receipts for qualifying trainings.
Tuition for Semperviva’s 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program is $3,550.00. Tuition fees include unlimited classes at Semperviva Yoga for the duration of your course, a comprehensive 300 page manual, an anatomy textbook, and archiving of your individual contract and certificate with Datawitness as required by PCTIA. Course fees must be paid in full by the commencement date of the program.
Payment Plan Options
Our intention is to find a plan that works for everyone. Please contact us directly at email@example.com to discuss how to best set up your individual payment plan option.