We are pleased to be offering our 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Retreat in March 2019. This Yoga Alliance Internationally accredited teacher training program takes place in Ubud Bali. Bali was chosen as the site of our immersion as it is the perfect retreat centre that offers both privacy and tranquillity. while still having easy access to a variety of cafes, spas, handicraft markets, restaurants and boutiques, all oriented to those interested in wellness and alternative therapies.
Doing your 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in a new destination, away from the stresses and routine of daily life, is a profound experience that will change you on a cellular level.
As part of your training, we’ll provide you with the opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture by exploring ancient temples, water blessing ceremonies, traditional dance performances, as well as artists’ studios as time allows.
Ubud is a retreat oasis with captivating spiritual energy. It offers the perfect mix between the culture and beauty of Bali while offering creature comforts like vegan restaurants, cute cafes and spas.
Your destination training includes brunch and dinner daily. You’ll experience the tastes and aromas of Balinese culinary heritage, reinterpreted with a modern twist. Enjoy healthy farm to table local dishes with a menu that is full of vegan and vegetarian-friendly options, with a focus on nutrient-rich ingredients. This is a healing sanctuary for personal renewal where you’ll be encouraged to slow down, eat nutritious food and return to the basics of living simply.
Welcome to Adiwana Jembawan. ADIWANA JEMBAWAN is a boutique wellness retreat in the heart of Ubud that focuses on body, mind and spirit rejuvenation. This retreat center is known for its exceptional Ayurvedic spa, and beautiful yoga spaces.
This is a true healing sanctuary for personal renewal. It is a place where you are encouraged to slow down, eat nutritious food and return to the basics of simply living well.
Learn to teach safely, effectively and with confidence. The asana portion of our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program includes:
- Detailed study of all yoga postures including modifications of poses and appropriate use of props
- Physical and energetic benefits of postures
- Hands on adjustments and enhancements
- Learning to see and understand bodies in terms of proper alignment
- Creating a class: learn the principles of sequencing and how to create a theme for your class
- Verbalizing an asana: learn to give clear, simple instructions through choice of appropriate verbal cues and body language
- Demonstrating asana
- Key points for teaching beginners
- Teaching to special groups such as prenatal yoga, seniors, kids…
- Student teacher relationship
- Ethics of a yoga teacher
Multiple opportunities to practice teaching will be given. At Semperviva we create a supportive, nurturing community of teachers to help you apply what you have learned right away. You will receive immediate feedback from your teachers to help you refine your teaching skills and feel at ease in front of a class. We are here to support you every step of the way.
Learn to teach a variety of meditation techniques to focus and quiet the mind.
Daily meditation and journaling is a requirement of this 200 hour yoga course. Meditation teaches us to stop identifying with the body, the mind, and its ceaseless thoughts. When this happens, then there is yoga, which is identification with the true Self, Samadhi, happiness, bliss.
Prana is the life force or vital energy. Pranayama is a way of building and directing this vital energy.
- Learn to teach powerful breath (pranayama) techniques such as ujayi, kapalabhati, nadi sodhana and kumbhaka
- Understand the bandhas or energy locks that direct prana (vital life force)
- Western anatomy and physiology will be studied, including the circulatory system, lymphatic system, respiratory system, digestive system, endocrine system, nervous system, musculo-skeletal system, the spine, immune system, and genito-urinary system
- Understand the physical effects of yoga on the body
- Learn how to avoid injury in key areas, and how to work with basic injuries
- Learn the energetic effects of yoga on the body
- Prana, what it is and techniques that direct prana
- Kundalini energy and it’s infinite potential
- The chakra system
- The vayus
Yogic History and Philosophy
- Study Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and how these teachings provide a very real model that can be applied to daily life
- Study of the Bhagavad Gita
- Yoga’s journey to the West and the most influential yogis of our time
- 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Internationally recognized Teacher Training Course Tuition, , allowing you to teach yoga as a certified teacher globally.
- Comprehensive Training Manual
- A certificate of completion Internationally recognized by Yoga Alliance
- Guided support in completing your travel arrangements
- Transfers to and from the airport in our luxurious shuttle
- Private or shared room in the resort in Ubud
- Brunch and dinner daily
- Assistance in booking excursions during your free time
A Registration Fee is required to reserve your place. Full payment is required no later than 60 days prior to the course start date.